The Rural Business Collective Toolkit Tour is an opportunity to sharpen up those business skills in rural community setting and context. Working alongside people on the same page as you.
So what's the program look like?
The day is split into 2 halves and you are free to attend one or both. Do what works for you. We know it can be hard to find time out of your business (however just between you and me - you need it and you wont regret it).
Session 1: 9:00 - 12:00
- Intro to RBC
- Business Success: the 4 things that can only be done by you.
- Business Model Generation: Complete your business plan on a page and identify areas prime for innovation.
- Mastermind Session: Work through questions raised through the day utilising the collective knowledge in the room.
- Business goals review: check in with your business goals, does all this new stimulus change anything?
Session 2: 1:00 - 3:00
- A business? A NFP? A purpose built business? A social enterprise? A social business? Exploring the new models and the shrinking space between the business and NFP sectors.
- The changing funding landscape. New ways to acquire capital. Which suits you? (Hint: Crowdfunding isn't for everyone)
- The Mechanics of a great Crowdfunding Campaign and how to best position yourself for hitting your tipping point without having to get relatives to bail you out!
Bonus Session: 3:00 - 4:00
An hour allocated to reviewing or working on your campaign and getting feedback.
NOTE: There will be some resources released prior to the workshop so make sure you register ahead of time to ensure you receive these before the day.
Fleur Anderson, Founder of Rural Business Collective will be your facilitator for this event. Fleur is an accredited facilitator with training in Strategyzers Business Model Canvas and loves to 'geek out' on models and strategies. Also as a winner of the ING Dreamstarter competition which included a Crowdfunding Campaign where Fleur received personal mentoring and support through her campaign which hit its tipping point of $20 well ahead of schedule and resulted in total campaign proceeds of over $25,000. Fleur will share her tips on what she learnt along the way and the opportunities she sees for small business and communities.